The best-selling vinyl albums and singles of 2020 in the UK have been announced by the Official Charts Company (OCC).
The two charts have been published following news from the BPI this week of another strong year for the physical format, with vinyl sales in particular increasing by 11.5% last year compared to 2019 as almost 4.8 million records were purchased – a 13th year of consecutive growth for the format in the UK.
The OCC have today (January 6) published their rundown of the top 40 best-selling vinyl albums in the UK in 2020, with Fleetwood Mac‘s ‘Rumours’ being named as the biggest-selling vinyl album of last year after it shifted 32,500 copies.
Oasis’ ‘(What’s the Story) Morning Glory?’ and Amy Winehouse‘s ‘Back To Black’ complete the top three. The top-selling vinyl album that was released in 2020 was Kylie Minogue‘s ‘Disco’, which has sold 21,500 copies on vinyl since its release in November.
You can see the full top 40 list of the best-selling vinyl albums of 2020 in the UK below.
- Rumours – Fleetwood Mac
- (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? – Oasis
- Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
- Nevermind – Nirvana
- Fine Line – Harry Styles
- Disco – Kylie Minogue
- Greatest Hits – Queen
- Power Up – AC/DC
- Live At The Royal Albert Hall – Arctic Monkeys
- Ultra Mono – IDLES
- MTV Unplugged – Liam Gallagher
- Legend – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- The Dark Side Of The Moon – Pink Floyd
- When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go – Billie Eilish
- Abbey Road – The Beatles
- Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent – Lewis Capaldi
- A Hero’s Death – Fontaines D.C.
- Chromatica – Lady Gaga
- Letter To You – Bruce Springsteen
- The Bonny – Gerry Cinnamon
- The Stone Roses – Stone Roses
- Folklore – Taylor Swift
- The Slow Rush – Tame Impala
- Hot Fuss – The Killers
- Legacy – David Bowie
- A Celebration Of Endings – Biffy Clyro
- Rough And Rowdy Ways – Bob Dylan
- Whatever People Say I Am That’s What I’m Not – Arctic Monkeys
- Definitely Maybe – Oasis
- Notes On A Conditional Form – The 1975
- Kiwanuka – Michael Kiwanuka
- Closer – Joy Division
- AM – Arctic Monkeys
- McCartney III – Paul McCartney
- Future Nostalgia – Dua Lipa
- Unplugged In New York – Nirvana
- Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – The Beatles
- Gold: Greatest Hits – Abba
- Unknown Pleasures – Joy Division
- The Universal Want – Doves
Reported By: Jessica Rowe